6.20.2011

Looking back at More on 34


Views from More on 34!
always a great way to spend the friday before Fathers Day!
Beginning our trek in Yorkville, we stopped to check out the goods in Sandwich, Il

This beautiful green door was only 45.00!


This gentleman restored that wonderful trailer. We were lucky to peek inside!

More vendors set up along highway 34! We found some Vintage billiards balls here and some fun vintage avon bottles


I found a great old industrial drum at this location although I would have loved to bring home that ford rear drop door, or an old snowflake to hang from our trees!

several miles down the road we came upon this parking lot.
I found some great Christmas ornaments, fondue set and some incredible bargains. My Daughter Aubrey was finding some wonderful items as well!
She collects vintage books and she really had an eye for the finds that would be great in my shop!

Aubrey found a green hat here. She did not buy it but reminded me on the way home, that she wished she had!

I always love the Church sales. I found some bargains here and we bought the most yummy, warm fresh blueberry muffin with crumb topping here!
I believe the woman should have sold her recipe for a dollar each... she could have made some money!

this little place was full of treasures. Pulling down the driveway we had no idea what was in store. A gentleman was setting things out in his " office" for purchase. I, or should I say Aubrey, found a great vintage green lantern!

We took a detour about 9 miles off the beaten path,
following a sign that announced 4 barns full!... and they were!
a few of our finds, Aubrey's books, my vintage pin game,

a peek at the green lantern, some additional books, old plastic mid century cocktail mixer and a suntea jar!
Treasures I found at the last group of 4 barns. A wonderful WWII Vet that was a collector. His barns were like an extensive antiques shop. I found some wonderful things there...that he was not willing to part with, but he did manage to sell me this collection of 3 little globe banks, with the ramaining money I had in my pocket!

A great day was had by all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! So glad you stopped by!